CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I've Made It Here Ya'll



This is what we arrived with..





So we have arrived in Austin. We have been here about 10 days. I just wanted to make a list of all the things God has blessed me since I have been here.



1. God gave me an awesome peace to be free from "stuff". We sold EVERYTING we owned except some pictures and our clothes. I didn't think it would be, but it was EASY.
We sold everything is about 5 days (some things I got more than I paid for it ) including my car, which I sold the day before I left.



2. My house, I love it! It's beautiful and perfect for us



3. Olivia is going to a brand NEW school right down the hill. I went and toured the school and met some of the second grade teachers. I fell in love with one of them, found out she was a christian and prayed that she would be Olivia's teacher. Guess what?? She is. God is good



4. There is a Target down the street, PLUS the Hill Country Galleria less than 10 minutes away, Remember, Cayman has ummm Kirks homestore. Somewhere b/w an Ace hardware and a run down bed bath and beyond.

5. Summer can stay home with me an extra year since we left Cayman


6. My neighbor invited me to a bible study down the street that offers Summer and Anabelle their own bible class. And guess what, they filled the last space for the 3 and 4 year olds.


7. We moved here just in time to escape Gustav in Cayman, then we were able to provide a place to stay for David's brother and girlfriend from Galveston

8. Olivia has "5 bestfriends" at school and went to her first birthday party last night.

9. There is an 18,000 sq ft furniture consignment shop down the street. Remember we SOLD everything

10. Summer got her first scraped knee EVER since she we finally live in a place where they can have bikes.

11. My house came with a trampoline. Huge bonus points for the safety net that came with it.

12. A Farmer's Market down the street. We haven't eaten food that hasn't been on a ship in over a year.

There is so much more. I've been trying to keep a list but it keeps growing.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds FABULOUS! And that house is beautiful!

Vicki Banta said...

Oh My, that house looks like a beautiful castle! Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Give the girls a big American hug from us. Welcome back to The Good Ol' US of A!